Who is stacy kenopic and why should we choose you?
- Hey! I'm Stacy! I am based out of Renfrew, Canada. Just a small 40 minute drive West of Ottawa Ontario. You can find out more on my 'WHO WE ARE' page.
- I offer a documentary and journalistic style to my photography. I capture emotions. My clients are drawn to the 'natural' and 'candid' photography style they see my our photos but I do give direction to achieve this look in order to capture you both in the best way that documents your story.
Do you travel?
- Yes! I am based in just outside Ottawa but will travel within Canada and beyond. Locations outside of the 3 hour radius around Ottawa may incur a travel fee but if I am already traveling to the area, the travel fee may be waived.
Do you shoot Elopements and Destination Weddings?
- I LOVE destination weddings! Please contact for more information on pricing if you are considering this option. Typically, elopements and destination weddings are very bespoke which is why I would love to discuss your plans and provide you with a custom quote.
I'm not sure how many hours coverage I need right now. Can i upgrade to more hours later?
- Of course! I know that you might not have your schedule confirmed at the time of booking me. If you are debating between two packages, I would suggest go with the package with less hours and you can upgrade later once your timetable is confirmed. I would ask that you give reasonable notice if you choose to do this but find that most couples will know at least a couple of months (or earlier) before the wedding!
How long does it take to deliver photos?
- My typical turnaround time for weddings is 6-8 weeks. Smaller sessions, such as engagement shoots will take on average around 2-3 weeks.
How many photos will I get?
- A very common question but a difficult one to answer, as it depends on lots of different factors. These may include the length of the coverage for each part of the day, whether enough time is allocated for the important sessions (such as the Couples session), as well as whether there be travel time eating into the shooting time (as some people drive to different locations for different sessions). Essentially, I put importance on quality over quantity when delivering the final product to you.
Do you give out RAW files?
- I deliver the final processed image which is in JPEG format. I do not deliver unedited RAW files as this is an unfinished and unedited product which does not represent our product and services. This is industry standard within the wedding photography and many other photography industries.
Can we see All the photos from the wedding?
- As typically seen in the wedding photography industry, I only deliver our best photos as part of our final product to accurately represent our brand and to showcase your special day.
- Part of our process is 'culling' whereby I go through thousands of photos and carefully hand pick the photos which show you at your best. I will then edit each photo and deliver these edited and processed photos upon final delivery.
- Our policy, also noted in our contract, confirms I will not provide every single photo taken during a session or at a wedding, but please be assured I am not withholding any moments from you. I 'cull' the photos you would not want (and I would not want to deliver) - the 'test' shots, the photos where someone is blinking, unflattering expressions, the accidental shots, the blurry shots, etc.
Do you provide Videography services?
- Videography is a specialized art form in itself. As I specialize in photography only, we do not carry the expertise to provide videography services but can definitely assist in helping find a videographer if you wish.
What is the extent of your editing and what can we expect? Can we request specific edits?
- Before booking me, I ask that you review our portfolio. The final product I deliver to you will be consistent with what you see in our portfolio.
- In addition to our normal editing, I will carry out minor corrections such as the odd blemish here and there. I do not carry out extensive 'photoshopping' such as changing body shapes.
- Each photographer will have their own style, so it is important that you review the portfolios of the photographers you are looking into to make sure that you are happy with the style and know what to expect.
**additional editing is subject to a fee
Will we receive copyright to our photos?
- Under the Canadian Copyright Act (November 2012) Photographers by default own the copyright to the photos they take (and are treated similarly to other artists such as musicians, painters and writers).
- However, as noted in our contracts, I grant a limited personal use license to all of our clients enabling them to use the images, subject to conditions.
- What does that mean for you? The clause in the contract will enable you to share to social media, including Facebook and Instagram and print the photos for personal use such as in albums, thank you cards or regular prints.
How can we hold a date?
- In order to hold the date we require 50% retainer and a signed contract. The date will then be reserved and we will decline all other inquiries made for your date.
Do you shoot anything other than weddings?
- I specialize in wedding and engagement photography and therefore mainly focus on these. We will however, shoot a select number of maternity and family shoots each year. If you are interested in one of these sessions, please get in contact!
Do you have Insurance?
- Yes! As professional photographers I have insurance, including General Liability insurance.
Are you a registered business?
- Yes - Photography has been registered as a partnership and we have a Master Business License (MBL).